GENERAL RCIA INFORMATION
If your question is not answered here, please contact us during business hours!
RCIA – Adult/ Children Sacraments of Initation (Baptism, Confirmation, First Communion)
For more information or to request an application
Contact: Christina May
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS RCIA?
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is a process within the Catholic Church that calls adults (and children of catechetical age) to a conversion of mind and heart and that prepares them for a full and active life in the Church as disciples of Jesus.
ADULT FAITH FORMATION SESSIONS DATES/TIME (dates are subject to change)
Classes are each Monday beginning October 18, 2021 from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
CHILDREN 7+ WHO NEED BAPTISM
All children over the age of 7 who will be baptized must be enrolled in the Religious Education Program. Please contact the Religious Education Office at (562) 921-5179 for further information.
- Attend Sunday Mass weekly and attend all Holy Days of Obligation
- Adults receiving Baptism will also be required to attend special rites (masses) – Dates/times TBD
- Ash Wednesday Service or Mass
- Holy Thursday Mass
WHERE WILL WE MEET?
- Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, 2020 sessions will be held via Zoom. An email will be sent prior to the start of the program with the meeting information.
- If COVID-19 restrictions are lifted by January 2021, all meetings will be held within one of the parish conference rooms.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- Adults: There is a $40.00 requested donation to cover the books and supplies. All adults will receive a bible, catechism, and other program-related materials. Please contact the Parish Office for payment options during the COVID-19 restrictions.
- Children: Please contact the Religious Education Office at (562) 921-5179 for information.
WHAT IS THE TYPICAL PREPARATION PERIOD?
- Adults being baptized: Many ask, “how long will it take?” The answer is typically one year, but the decision is based on the spiritual readiness of that person.
- Children between 7-years and 21-years: 2-program years
- Adults only receiving First Holy Communion and Confirmation: 1-program year.
WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY SACRAMENTS?
- Adults and children being baptized: Adults and children (between 7-18) will receive baptism, First Holy Communion, and Confirmation at the Easter Vigil of the following calendar year.
- Adults receiving First Holy Communion and Confirmation only: The sacraments will occur at the parish Confirmation (date is determined by the Bishop)
Send a Message
Phone & Email
M-F: 9am – 1pm
13915 Shoemaker Avenue
Norwalk, CA 90650